Top 10 Healthy SnacksApril 30, 2020
Everybody snacks. The key to a healthy lifestyle is to snack in moderation, make healthy choices and exercise portion control. We have a list of healthy snacks with some pairing ideas. Your stomach will thank you.
1. Mixed Nuts and Trail Mix
• Nuts are a great nutritious snack, they provide the perfect balance of healthy fats, proteins and fiber
• They are very filling, so if you eat them in moderation, you may lose weight
• They don’t need refrigeration so you can take them anywhere and eat them anytime
• Add dried fruit, pretzels or maybe even some candy-coated chocolate pieces and you’ll have yourself a great snack
2. Red Bell Pepper with Guacamole
• Bell peppers are nutritious, with red ones being high in antioxidants, like beta carotene, capsanthin and quercetin
• They are extremely rich in vitamin C, having over 300% of the daily recommended value
• Bell pepper, paired with guacamole, is high in healthy fat and fiber
3. Greek Yogurt and Berries/Nuts
• Greek yogurt is high in protein, calcium and potassium
• Add mixed berries, which are high in antioxidants, and maybe some nuts, and you get a delicious nutritious snack
4. Apple Slices and Peanut Butter
• This common snacking staple is tasty and good for you
• Apples are high in fiber and antioxidants that improve gut health and reduce heart disease risk
• Peanut butter in moderation has been shown to increase good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol
5. Hard Boiled Eggs
• Eggs are one of the healthiest and weight-loss friendly foods you can eat
• They pack plenty of protein and vitamins K2 and B12
• They are super filling and won’t leave you wanting to snack for a few hours
6. Cottage Cheese with Flax Seed and Cinnamon
• Cottage cheese is high in protein and very filling
• It pairs great with flax seed, which is known for blood sugar control and aiding in weight loss
• Add in some cinnamon for flavor, which aids in lowering blood sugar and may help with gut health
7. Celery Sticks and Cream Cheese or Peanut Butter
• Celery has been a go-to food for healthy eaters for years for it’s inflammation-reducing antioxidant properties
• Pair celery with your choice of cream cheese or peanut butter and you get a delicious low-carb and filling snack
8. Kale Chips
• Kale is extremely healthy as it’s loaded with quercetin and kaempferol, which lowers blood pressure and reduces your risk of colon cancer
• Drizzle kale leaves with olive oil and salt. Bake them in a 350 ° oven for 10-15 minutes for a crunchy snack
9. Veggies and Hummus
• Hummus is great paired with many of your favorite vegetables
• Take any of the benefits of your chosen veggies and add hummus to the mix to improve heart health and reduce inflammation
10. Cherry Tomatoes and Mozzarella
• Tomatoes and mozzarella cheese match flavors beautifully
• Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C, potassium and lycopene, and are a staple food for many cultures
• Pair tomatoes with a high-protein, high-calcium, B12-loaded layer of mozzarella, and you have healthy snack
There are many more healthy snack pairings that you can eat and enjoy. We’ve just introduced you to a couple that are high on our snacking (and crunching) radar. Let us know what snacks you love and how you’ve paired them for extra tastiness.
The entire staff was very caring. I had my toddler with me and she was a bit rowdy and they gave her crayons with coloring pages and stickers and even a lollipop to help keep her occupied.
My son scribbled on a piece of paper and handed it to one of the woman in the front, saying that is say how his ears hurt, she accepted it and posted it on the artwork wall, when the PA came in to see him he was made to feel like a big deal because he had known about the paper. This is a place where the staff really cares about their patients and go the extra mile for them
Have been there a few times and hey have always been very fast, kind, courteous and welcoming. Always very helpful especially the front desk. The employee Heather helped me with pharmacy, paperwork and everything I needed help with. Only quick care I go too because of her.
I absolutely love our nurse Tiffany. She made our visit so comfortable. I had two very sick little boys who did not want to go to the Dr. She made the at ease in an instant and she took such great care of them. This was at the Quick care on 441 in Ocala Fl. I'll go back to this one because of her. And recommended to all my friends and family. Thanks so much!
A Big THANK YOU, to the Staff at Quick Care Med, in Dunnellon!! My Husband was seen, for a couple different ailments, during his visit,, and the Two Practitioners who worked with Him, were AWESOME! They treated my Big, 200 pound, 6 ft. "Baby",, with Respect, Dignity, and Professionalism, and just the right amount of Calming Firmness!! Lol... he's afraid of Needles, and Doctor Offices, in general and I must say, that GWEN, & DEBBIE, were very good to him! Prices for services rendered, were ve
Great sweet people
I was there yesterday and I've never felt so shocked. The 3 girls I interacted with were the most pleasant and friendly caregivers I've ever dealt with. Idr the rep's name, but she was quick and prompt at taking all my info and with minimal Qs (kinda hard to answer when I have a cold), then Alexis took over. Very sympathetic, nice, and helpful. Then the physician saw me and was charismatic and very funny. Trying to keep me in good spirits. It was like all 3 were happy to be at their posts and to
Anytime, we've ever been there, all of the physicians are very caring and helpful, they don't rush or make you feel unimportant... I wish we could have them as our GP
Very friendly,professional. Very caring of patients.Victoria was excellent. Took time to listen and made you feel comfortable.
We had Zaib Kahn as the provider and NEVER have I seen such a good bedside manner, as they call it! AND he personally called this a.m. to ask how my husband is feeling! (The pharmacy was closed when we left the ofc., and they asked us to allow until 11 to pick up the RXs, but that's NOT YOUR fault ;D I'm thrilled w/ Mr. Kahn's service and may well use your clinic for ALL my medical needs!!!! THANK YOU
Professional staff, caring and organized. Prompt service for DOT related visits.
The absolute BEST! Everyone here is so nice! We've had to come in a few times & they've always taken great care of us. We're usually out within 20-30 min. All the girls up front are very nice & helpful (you don't find that too often), so is the girl that takes your vitals. Dr B is the amazing! He takes his time to listen to what's wrong & always has a big smile. If we could have this office as our primary care location we would